Bekal Fort, Kasaragod
A 300year old historic fort built in the shape of a giant keyhole, Bekal Fort in the town of Kasargod is one of the must visit touristattractions in Kerala! While the beauty of this ancient fort is second to none, its marvellous architecture and location along the coastlines of Arabian Sea makes it a much coveted attraction point among the visitors on a Kerala trip!
A treasure trove for the visitors, this historic fort is a testimony to the rich and diverse history of God’s Own Country. Originally built by the Kadampa dynasty of Kerala, Bekal Fort was later conquered and ruled by Kolathiri and Vijaynagar rulers, Tipu Sultan, and the British army. Located beside the scenic Bekal Beach, this ancient landmark is truly a box of many historic tales and events!
- Visiting Hours: 08:00 AM – 05:30 PM
- Location:Kasargod, Kannur
- Nearest Airport: Mangalore Airport (50KM)
- Nearest Railway Station: Kasargod Railway Station (16km)
- Nearest Bus Stand: KSRTC Bust Stand,Kasargod