Tipu’s Fort, Palakkad
Standing graciously on the lower fringes of the Sahyadri Ranges of the great Western Ghats in Pallakad, this historic fort is also called the ‘Pallakad Fort’. Constructed in 1766AD by Hyder Ali; father of Tipu Sultan, Tipu’s Fort is among the most well-preserved forts in the entire of South India.
The ruler of Mysore built this fort to improvise communication between various regions of the Western Ghats. However, by 1784, this glorious fort was invaded and captured by the British army after an ambush of 11 consecutive days. It was later ruled by the Kozhikode Zamorins who seized it from the British hands.
Nearest Airport: Coimbatore Airport , Tamil Nadu (55km); Cochin International Airport (140km)
Nearest Railway Station: Palakkad (5km)
Nearest Bus Stand: KSRTC Bus Stand, MelamuriPudurKottay Road